Search for Reviews

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Oscar Nominations

The Oscar Nominations are out...

Best Picture:

Black Swan
127 Hours
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids are All Right
The Kings Speech
Winters Bone
True Grit
The Social Network
Toy Story 3

My Prediction: I think it is a 2 way fight between The Social Network and Toy Story 3, however I think that Social Network may just scrape the award!

Best Director

Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)
David O Russel (The Fighter)
Tom Hooper (The Kings Speech)
David Fincher (The Social Network)
Cohen Brothers (True Grit

My Prediction: I think that David Fincher will win this award, though Tom Hooper may be in with a chance!

Best Actor

Colin Firth (Kings Speech)
Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network)
James Franco (127 Hours)
Javier Bardem (Biutiful)
Jeff Bridges (True Grit)

My Prediction: Colin Firth (all the way), his performance is amazing and he deserves this award!

Best Actress

Annette Benning (The Kids are All Right)
Nicole Kidman (Rabbit Hole)
Jennifer Lawrence (Winters Bone)
Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine)

My Prediction: It is clearly the choice between Annette Benning and Natalie Portman. However I think that Portman may just win it!

Best Supporting Actor

Christian Bale (The Fighter)
John Hawkes (Winters Bone)
Jeremy Renner (The Town)
Mark Ruffallo (The Kids are All Right)
Geoffrey Rush (The Kings Speech)

My Prediction: I think that Geoffrey Rush will snap the award up, his amazing performance deserves it!

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams (The Fighter)
Helena Bonham Carter (The Kings Speech)
Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)
Jacki Weaver (Animal Kingdom)

My Prediction: I think that the award will go to either Amy Adams or Helena Bonham Carter. I think it is too close to call!

Best Foreign Language Film

Biutiful
Dogtooth
In a Better World
Icendies
Outside the Law

My Prediction: I think the award will go to Biutiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment